Wednesday, November 12, 2014

You are what you make of it.

I first saw you in front of me in line on that Tuesday morning. Honestly, I didn't think much of you. It wasn't until a couple hours later, I spotted you again, sitting on your own to the side with a giant textbook in front of you, a pen in hand, and that eager, concentrated look on your face. Maybe I was curious about how one could be so focused on a textbook rather than dozing off. Or maybe, you just looked like an interesting individual, full of stories to share. Or maybe it was the way the sun hit you at just the right angle right at that very moment I glanced over. I don't know why I approached you that day, but I can whole-heartedly say that I have never looked back.

I see you as a captivating individual, quirky in your own way. You have no enemies, no problems, and no challenges that you can't face. You are carefree and really live your life the way you want to live it. You always amaze me with how smart you are, from throwing random facts at me, to being able to explain anything I ever ask. You make everyone around you comfortable and always seem to know what to say. You make me realize things.
I admire you. I think highly of you. I want to learn from you.

I would have never expected you to open up to me the way you did. I never expected those words that came out of your mouth, or those thoughts that you voiced that engulfed your mind the way a tornado would engulf lives. I never thought you would cry in front of me, or even how we we would cry together. I didn't know that it was possible for an individual, let alone you, to feel this way, to hurt this way, to break this way. These situations you told me about, I can't bear to imagine anyone face, but you faced them alone. You did it, you succeeded, and today you stand tall. You're a fighter.

You amaze me. You are so strong. You take adversities and hardships and learn from them. They don't take you down- they build you up. They made you titanium. They made you wiser. The made you, well, you.
Telling you that I am in awe of you would be an understatement. And if this means anything to you at all, I just wanted to let you know that I am so proud of you. I am so proud of what you've become.
I am ecstatic that you are part of my life and that I can call you my friend.

Take me back to the day when the sun was hitting you at the perfect angle, because I want to relive the beginning of the rest of my life.


1 comment:

  1. I love this post! So inspirational, it really made my day. Keep working hard and doing what you do! :)

    ReplyDelete