Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Proverbs 31:25

"She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come."
Proverbs 31:25

That's my new favorite bible verse. It says a lot.
So tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent and our six week preparation for Easter, when we celebrate Jesus's Resurrection. We place ash on our foreheads as a sign of repentance. During Lent, we fast our distractions that have caused us to turn away from God. This is a time of acknowledgement and turning our hearts solely back to God by focusing on prayer, fasting, and almsgiving.


I've shared how I will be fasting on a previous blog post and I'm excited to be doing this for something greater than myself, beyond myself.

Let's get started!

What are your thoughts on Lent?
Are you giving anything up?

No comments:

Post a Comment